Requirements for Operation
These items are required but not included with this equipment:
- Clean, dry, compressed air of sufficient volume to maintain desired pressure at the nozzle.
- Maximum working pressure 150 psi
- Minimum pressure 30 psi needed to operate OSHA-required remote control valves
- NIOSH-approved, type CE, supplied-air respirator.
- Grade D breathing-air supply as defined by Compressed Gas Association Commodity Specification: G-7.1.
- Abrasive blast media specifically marketed for abrasive blasting and appropriate for your application.
- Appropriate blast suit, work boots, hearing and eye protection.
Description of Operation
The operator controls blasting from a remote control handle at the nozzle. Pressing the handle starts blasting; releasing it stops blasting. The blast machine contains abrasive and meters it into the compressed air stream.
- Four-wheel integral cart for ease of moving.
- Rated for 150-psi maximum working pressure.
- 1-1/2-inch Millennium valve provides unrestricted air flow.
- Quantum metering valve maintains smooth, consistent flow, adjustment knob allows precise control of media flow.
- 29-inch width fits through standard doorways.
- 1-1/4-inch piping allows up to 50 percent increase in air flow, when compared to standard 1-inch piping
- Robust handles act as skid for loading machine into pickup or trailer and protect valves and piping from damage.
- Central hookup point for blast hose and remote controls.
- Weather-resistant storage area holds manuals, paperwork and small parts.
Approvals and Certifications
Clemco’s quality management system is ISO 9001-2008 certified.
Blast machine pressure vessel built to American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) specifications for 125-psi working pressure. Vessel is hydrostatically tested and National Board-certified.
Remote control system complies with OSHA regulation 1910.244 (b).